Friday, April 10, 2009

SMILE NEVER LOST..!!!



The smile never left the man’s face. He was the same now as he was when I saw him some months before.
“How can this man be smiling at this time?” I thought as I took the chair beside the bed he is lying on.
As I took the chair, the old looked at me and gave me that special smile, only he owns. I smiled back.
“How are you feeling now sir?” I asked. I knew the answer already, as I am his doctor since the last 10 months and everyday I wish him, I got the same answer.
The same answer, with a smile followed.
“Sir, how are you managing to smile at this time too? If I were you, I would have been crying all the time.” I said.
“Son, its all about how do you take things that come into your life. I have lived a long life where I had to struggle very hard to smile. But, today I am here with no work to do so I am just enjoying the time” he said with the smile all the while.
“do you want me to stay with you for a while?” I asked.
“no dear, do your work. There are lot many who need you more than me. I know, you cant do anything with me.” He smiled again.
“ do you want anything that I can get for you.”
“ yes, get me that I ask you every morning.”
“sir, please ask me that I can surely get you. You ask me something impossible.”
“its very painful lying here. I don’t have anyone in this world. You know that.”
“ I know. But you call me “SON”. Am I not there for you?”
A smile again.
“think you have to leave now. Your patients will be waiting for you. Don’t miss me all the while. Ok” a smile again.
“ok sir. Have a nice day.”
“Son, I Love You”
“Love You too sir.” I bent towards him and kissed him on his forehead.
It always felt great when I met him every morning. The same was the conversation every day since the last 10 months. I regret for not being able to get him what he asks for.
After the work work I went to him again, but saw him lying there the same way as before except that he had a book in his hand. I went to take the book from his hand, and I was taken aback.
No good mornings again. The smiling soul is no more. The life of a happy man ended. He finally got the one he asked for. The DEATH.

*******************************************************************************

this is the story that i wrote for the pic above. how did i do it? i know i am not good at stories. but then i am trying to be fine atleast..!!!lemme know your views with the valuable comments...!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

something different...

its beautifully written yammi..

good dialogue sense.

yamini meduri said...

@Leo

thanks vinay...firstly thanks for the picture....u hepled me try something new..!!!

Priya Joyce said...

supaa first attempt yaar...the best part was I mean the part full of emotional touch was the conversation between the two.

ps:) hey its ma first date on monday plleez chk ma blog andd gimme some tips yaar.

yamini meduri said...

@PJ

thanks yaar...!!1

and the tips?? wat do i give you?? i never had one..!!!

Kunjal said...

quite good:)

Yamini Meduri said...

@Kunjal

thanks yaar..!!!

Nagaraju K said...

hi.. very nice post.. heart touching.. good imagination.. keep it up..